well the walking

I have some new shoes. Vibram FiveFingers: Bikila. I love them.
The mentality of wearing them is quite strange, the brain has yet to process the actuality of wearing them. Walking across a grate and jumped, then dodging some spit on the side walk. It happens as if my brain has not recognized that my feet are actually covered. I find that on a subconscious level my mind is barefoot. This reaction was quite underplayed in the reading or discussion of wearing them.

I found nothing of the sort in my readings of blogs. I have only read that they need a longer time for you to break them in or break them in slowly. For myself i wore them around the house out into the yard and at work. Once i was warmed and ready i to a slow relaxing walk gradually increasing the distance. I have gone on some extended 6 mile+ walks in them feeling minor uncomfortably, heel tenderness, andsome strain in the knees. i find that I much prefer these in my everyday life as my choice in foot wear. I walk stronger and more accurately finding that they help my feet, and my walking, now to see how they hold up over time....

No comments:

Post a Comment